This Blog is protected by DMCA.com

Couple die in their sleep after inhaling generator fumes in Delta


The bodies of a couple identified as Ufuoma and Matilda Alome, were found in their apartment along NDDC road in Amukpe, Sapele LGA of Delta State.


The Nation gathered that the victims were reportedly found dead on Saturday morning, February 13, after neighbours peeped through the window and saw two of them dead with one allegedly found on the floor and the other on the bed.


A source who pleaded anonymity said, “They attended a party the previous night. They came home late after the party and slept off yesterday, only to wake up this morning and we found them dead.”


According to the source, Ufuoma and Matilda had just returned to the country last year from an undisclosed overseas’ country and had reportedly moved into the vicinity last December.


“He occasionally uses his vehicle to shuttle between Sapele and Warri route, and he was a lively fellow who was always visible and when neighbours woke up that morning and noticed his vehicle was there and there was no sign of the wife and him, we became worried, his window was opened but when we noticed his door was locked inside, we became curious, that was when we looked through the windows and saw the dead bodies,” the source added. 


However, another source said that their deaths may have been as a result of inhaling generator fumes. “Their generator was put on yesterday when they came back and we are suspecting it must have been the cause of their death.”


Loveth Ogedegbe: Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 2/14/2021 09:37:00 pm

Comment(s)

Search This Blog