This Blog is protected by

Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos)

A Newborn baby, now four-day-old, has been hospitalised after fire from lantern burned his face and other parts of the body immediately he came out of his mother’s womb in Calabar, Cross River State capital, 

It was Gathered that the unfortunate incident happened on Saturday, November 14, 2020, when the kerosene lantern exploded, burning the newborn baby in turn – though not to death but with high degree of injuries.

According to Ijeoma Stella Aluka, who shared the ordeal of the baby, when the ugly incident occurred and the baby was rushed to Victoria Medical Centre, beside Hi-Quality Bakery, Ndidem Usang Iso Road, Marian, Calabar, where he is currently receiving treatments.

Aluka said, although the woman had given birth successfully but the fire from a fallen lantern has turned the happy story to a sad one.

“I just came across this 4-day-old baby this afternoon at Victoria Medical Centre located at Marian Road just beside Hi-Quality Bakery…

“The mother went to give birth at one local home like that because of lack of funds to go to the hospital…

“…That there was a big lantern for illumination in the room and as soon as the baby came out the lantern mistakenly fell over and caused an explosion which in turn burnt the baby.

“I don’t want to imagine the pain the innocent baby is going through and that of even the ignorant mother is going through right now”, she said.

She further pleaded with the public for help to save the baby and support her mother. “Please, whatever you can do to help, please, I beg you, reach out.

“They are at Victoria Medical Centre at Marian, Calabar. You can reach out to them with help; whether pampers, baby milk, hospital bills, money for drugs – anything will help”, Aluka pleaded.


Bibiyobra: Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 11/19/2020 03:37:00 pm


Search This Blog