NFF to shut secretariat after official contracts COVID-19


The Nigeria Football Federation says its secretariat will be shut down after one of its officials tested positive for coronavirus.

The federation also said its members of staff would undergo COVID-19 tests at its Secretariat, Sunday Dankaro House, National Stadium Complex, Abuja on Thursday.

A statement from the NFF quoted the General Secretary of the Federation, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, as saying this while addressing the management and staff on Wednesday.

The statement titled ‘NFF management and staff to undergo COVID-19 tests’ was made available to journalists by NFF’s spokesperson, Ademola Olajire, on Tuesday.

Sanusi said, “Apart from him testing positive, I also had issues and had to go for tests when I was feeling ill and uncomfortable. But the truth is most of us have had contact with one another over the days, thus it is important we do the tests.

“I want to appreciate the Federal Government immensely for their efforts so far to contain the pandemic, and also officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease and Control for agreeing to come to the NFF offices to conduct the tests. After the tests, the offices and the entire complex will be disinfected in line with the protocols of the COVID19.”

Sanusi also disclosed that “after the tests, the offices would be closed for the disinfection process, while Management and Staff will work from home.

“Once the results are out, those who tested negative will immediately resume work in the Secretariat while anyone who tests positive will be required to self-isolate for the period stipulated in the COVID19 protocols by the Federal Government.”

No comments:

Post a comment